Day Trip Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk
Coastal Walk Bondi to Coogee
The Coastal Walk takes you past a combination of beaches, parks and spectacular cliff views. On the way you will pass several famous beaches including Bondi, Tamarama, Bronte and Coogee. The beachside parks offer nice picnic spots, coin-operated barbecues, kiosks, toilets and change rooms. There is also the possibility to spot dolphins and whales. The total length is 6km and it will take approximately 2 hours.
– Catch bus number 380 or 333 from either Bondi Junction or the City to Bondi Beach
Note: 333 is a prepaid bus. You can get a 10 trip pass or get an Opal card. You just top on money to the card and you are ready to travel.
– Bondi Beach is usually very crowded with tourists and locals who enjoy the buzzing atmosphere. The walk starts at the south end of the beach next to Icebergs Restaurant and swimming pool.
– Tamarama Beach is the first beach you come across. Here you can find coin-operated BBQs and a small kiosk. The waves can be quite rough so take care if you decide to have a swim.
– Bronte Beach is surrounded by a bowl-shaped park filled with families having picnics and BBQ’s. It’s a good place to grab some lunch, coffee or a juice in one of the charming cafes.
Continue south along the road up the hill from Bronte towards the cemetery and take the cliff walk to enjoy the view.
– Clovelly Beach is found after the cemetery and after walking past the bowling green. It is a very small protected beach ideal for children and families. Continue south around the car park.
•- Gordon’s Bay is not a beach but a beautiful bay. It’s a fantastic place to snorkel or simply sit on a rock and enjoy the scene.
– Coogee Beach is as popular with locals as it is with travellers looking for an alternative to Bondi. There are many bars, restaurants and cafes to rest at after the long walk.
– Catch a bus back to Bondi Junction (313, 314, 353).