What is a Virtual Internship?
Virtual internships (also known as remote internships or online internships) are steadily growing in popularity globally.
A virtual internship is a placement where an intern gains professional experience and training while not physically present at the company location.
All communication between the intern and company is carried out via online platforms such as phone, email, Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, webinars, Google Hangouts and various other communication & project management programs.
Virtual internships may not suit all industries (e.g. hospitality), but with modern working techniques, improved technology, and the correct training structure, they can be beneficially executed in a wide range of fields;
- Event Management
- Film & Media
- Finance / Accounting
- Graphic / Web Design
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Journalism / Communications
- Marketing / Online
- Marketing / Social Media
- Public Relations
- Software Development
We have developed two convenient options available for your Virtual Internship;
– 8 Weeks > 20 hours per week; Total 160 hours of Virtual practical experience
– 12 Weeks > 20 hours per week; Total 240 hours of Virtual practical experience
Both options include at least 1 x weekly voice or video call with the company supervisor.
At this stage we remain open to accommodating requests for an alternative duration.
– Strong English level
– Reliable internet reception
– Basic skills &/or experience in your chosen industry
– Flexibility to fit in with the company’s business hours for online calls
– Familiar with online communication and project management platforms
– Self motivated
– Prompt response to the company’s questions
Benefits to an Intern
– Significantly more cost effective (no flights, visas, insurance, etc)
– Flexible location
– Flexible hours
– Continue studying at your local University alongside the internship
– Reference provided on successful completion
– No limitations associated with the Visa
– Open to all ages
– Course credit may be available
– Develop digital management & online international communication skills
– No photocopying or coffee making
Click Here to Register Your Interest and our fees will be emailed through to you shortly.
> Register your interest to receive an email containing the fees & further information
> Complete the issued application form & payment
> Interview with potential host companies
> Sign our provided agreement confirming the details of your virtual placement.
Hear from our previous Virtual Internship Students!
“I learnt the importance of communication & how things can go right (& wrong) in the workplace”
“The internship prepared me for the workplace & made me more hireable”
“The virtual internship taught me new tools & I have become more confident using different websites”
“I felt I have become more employable since completing the virtual internship”
“I gained new connections through industry networking which could be useful in the future”
“Adjusting to working from home was hard but manageable... the time difference was a challenge”
“I became more confident, and gained valuable experience in working from home, adapting to new situations & problem solving”
“My virtual internship helped me develop professional confidence”
“The virtual internship helped me gain real-world knowledge of the marketing industry”