Internships Down Under has been arranging traditional in-person internships for International students travelling to Australia for over 15 years. Although this continues to be a major part of our operations, we acknowledge that the global workplace landscape is rapidly changing and internships need to reflect the changing workplace environments to prepare students accordingly.
Virtual Internships develop an entirely new set of skills to that of an in-person internship.
What is a Virtual Internship?
Virtual internships (also known as remote internships or online internships) are steadily growing in popularity globally.
A virtual internship is a placement where an intern gains professional experience and training while not physically present at the company location.
All communication between the intern and company is carried out via online platforms such as phone, email, Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, webinars, Google Hangouts and various other communication & project management programs.
Virtual internships may not suit all industries (e.g. hospitality), but with modern working techniques, improved technology, and the correct training structure, they can be beneficially executed in a wide range of fields;
- Event Management
- Film & Media
- Finance / Accounting
- Graphic / Web Design
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Journalism / Communications
- Marketing / Online
- Marketing / Social Media
- Public Relations
- Software Development
We have developed two convenient options available for Virtual Internships;
– 8 Weeks > 20 hours per week; Total 160 hours of Virtual practical experience
– 12 Weeks > 20 hours per week; Total 240 hours of Virtual practical experience
Both options include at least 1 x weekly voice or video call with the company supervisor.
At this stage we remain open to accommodating requests for an alternative duration.
Please contact us to request a tailored program to meet the requirements of your clients/students
We request the following from applicants:
– Strong English level
– Reliable internet reception
– Basic skills &/or experience in your chosen industry
– Flexibility to fit in with the company’s business hours for online calls
– Familiar with online communication and project management platforms
– Self motivated
– Prompt response to the company’s questions
Benefits to an Intern
– Significantly more cost effective (no flights, visas, insurance, etc)
– Flexible location
– Flexible hours
– Continue studying at their local University alongside the internship
– Reference provided on successful completion
– No limitations associated with the Visa
– Open to all ages
– Course credit may be available
– Develop digital management & online international communication skills
– No photocopying or coffee making
Click Here to Register Your Interest and our fees will be emailed through to you shortly
Once a student has financially committed to the program;
> Complete an Application Form
> Interviews arranged with potential host companies
> Intern signs our provided agreement confirming the details of the Virtual Internship
Register Your Interest